Friday, July 31, 2009

Fired!


I was fired from my job in the IT world last week. They tried to make me feel very bad about myself for it, but I refuse. I see it as complete confirmation from the universe that I am really supposed to get on with what I really came here to do. I know now that I always have been destined to derive my income from the pursuit of my creative passions and projects. All around me I see others trusting this calling and themselves and somehow they are always supported. So I am intending to explore this possibility.

So now I have time to paint. And not paint. So I am starting this blog to help me focus my attention and energy when I am not painting. I plan to write a lot about not painting, as I have regular massive blocks. I have already decided that if I am going to pursue creativity as anything more than a hobby, I will need to have a different relationship to my creativity. I am hoping I can find some ways to heal some of these traumas, some of them art school/art world induced.


Based on this, I would like to respectfully and compassionately ask for your experiences with being creatively blocked and unblocking.





1 comment:

  1. To unblock? Just to write/to paint regularly, every day. Or to read an exciting book about French surrealists or Joseph Cornell. It helps to unblock too. Or to take a somebody's e-mail and turn it into a short story! Or process a humiliation at work and turn it yet into another short story! That's how it works for me...

    ReplyDelete